Friday, June 19, 2009

the fabric of our lives

I had hoped that by now I would be able to post pictures of my project, but I am having the hardest time finding the perfect fabric! grrrr...I've been to M&L's in Anaheim, Joann's (twice--diff. locations), Ikea, Marshall's, checked on-line...nothing inspiring.

Does that ever happen to you? You have a specific idea in mind and you can't find it anywhere?
I remember for my senior prom I wanted a long, silver dress with a racer back. (I have weird taste) My mom and I looked forEVER and couldn't find anything I liked. Then, as a joke I tried on a hot pink dress with hidden pockets and fell in love. hahaha...so I guess the moral is to keep your options open. You never know, it may turn out better than you imagined.

Update!
Well, I took my own advice. I couldn't find the exact red and white pattern I was looking for but when I saw this one (on yet another trip to Ikea), I knew my search was over. Now my nasty stained chair seats look fun and punchy...and new!




No comments:

Post a Comment